Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by we...@boredomsoftware.com on 2005/04/11 16:22:23 UTC

Good learning?

Does anyone know of some good resources for learning about JAMES.  I
think Apache has dropped the ball on the documentation for JAMES.  I am
looking for something to deal with the overall operation.  Such as DNS
and BIND was for BIND.

Thanks

Kelly

Multiple Configurations

Posted by Alan Gerhard <al...@gercom.com>.
I reached out to the active committers last week asking them for to answer a
survey I prepared to collect various information about their James
installations.

I want to put together a few standard configurations that can be part of the
office release. This would help the first time Jamers get an idea of ways
they can configure their systems, so I ma asking us users to share their
configuration (assembly, config, and environment) files.

What we can do is to come up with a handful (half dozen or so) of different
'standard' configurations that we can supply as 'out of the box'
configurations for various set ups.

As an example, I do not use NNTP at so that was removed from my assembly and
config files. I also stripped most of the logging but have a daily cycle so
my environment is quite different.

I have some ideas for 'configuration types' ...

1. SMTP/POP3 only (assembly/config)
2. Full configuration (assembly/config)
3. Single Domain (config)
4. Multiple Domain (config)
4. Full logging  (environment)

Let me know what you guys have - you can reach me off line if you'd prefer

- Alan

R: Good learning? => Define User Manual

Posted by Davide Dalla Rosa <d....@pollisrl.it>.
alan, I am interested in collaborating to write
the james user manual. my english is quite bad...
but i think some mother-tongue guy can revise...
Let me know any news.
cheers
d.

Posted by Alan Gerhard <al...@gercom.com>.