Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2019/01/01 22:08:27 UTC

Re: OpenJPA issues black hole

 Sorry Pavel, right now sitting over a nasty glitch in a few of our unit tests.After that I'll run through your tickets.
LieGrue,strub

    On Monday, 31 December 2018, 05:08:06 CET, Pawel Veselov <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello.

I've been using OpenJPA for a while, and I'd like to understand what's
going on with the bug fixing process.

Over the course of time, I have filed a few bugs. I'm only going to
concentrate on ones that we had to fix ourselves:
OPENJPA-2733
OPENJPA-2735
OPENJPA-2736
OPENJPA-2749

Explanation of what the problem is, and the attempt to patch is
provided for each one of those. There was absolutely no activity from
the development team on any of those.

There hasn't been any release activity for a while as well. Now I see
that 2.4.3 and 3.0.0 have we been released. That's great, but do they
address any of the problems we have? It's not that easy to find out,
and considering the bug activity, I would expect they aren't.

My question is then simply - what do I need to do to be heard? AFAIK I
do a good amount of pre-work for determining the test cases, the root
causes, and fixes suggestions, for the development team to be able to
include this. Obviously, I don't understand OpenJPA code enough to
know whether my fixes are correct, but that's why I leave it for the
development team to close.

Thank you,
  Pawel.

Re: OpenJPA issues black hole