Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de> on 2022/11/06 21:32:21 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Hi everyone,

following the [DISCUSS] thread at [0], I'd like to call a vote to graduate StreamPipes to a TLP.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 Apache StreamPipes (incubating) is ready to graduate from the
Apache Incubator to a TLP.

[ ] +0 No opinion.

[ ] -1 Apache StreamPipes (Incubating) is not ready to graduate (please state reasons)

Thank you for participating in the vote!

Cheers
Dominik

-----------
Project highlights
* community building & talks at ACNA19, 20, 21, 22 + Asia, SF Big Data Analytics and many other webinars
* over 9.000 commits
* 52 subscribers on the dev list, 57 subscribers on the users list
* Articles about StreamPipes in the US Linux Magazine [4], and StreamPipes was named one of the
top 5 open source tools for IoT Analytics by OpenSourceForU [5]
* Number of Github stars has increased to currently 350
* Website [6], extensive documentation [7] and a developer wiki [8]
* Strong connection and integration with other projects in the Apache IoT space (e.g., PLC4X)
* Completed maturity self-assessment [9]

-----------
Draft resolution
-----------

Establish the Apache StreamPipes Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to a self-service Industrial IoT toolbox which enables
non-technical users to connect, analyze and explore IoT
data streams.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache StreamPipes Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache StreamPipes Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to a
self-service Industrial IoT toolbox which enables non-technical users to
connect, analyze and explore IoT data streams; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache StreamPipes" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
StreamPipes Project, and to have primary responsibility for management
of the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache
StreamPipes Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache StreamPipes
Project:

* Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org>
* Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>
* Grainier Perera <gr...@apache.org>
* Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@apache.org>
* Johannes Tex <te...@apache.org>
* Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org>
* Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>
* Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>
* Marco Heyden <mh...@apache.org>
* Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>
* Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>
* Stefan Obermeier <ob...@apache.org>
* Tim Bossenmaier <bo...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Philipp Zehnder be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache StreamPipes, to serve
in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache StreamPipes Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
StreamPipes podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
StreamPipes podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

-------------------

[0] https://lists.apache.org/thread/dg3z175h2szcg3wgz9tmq770krvscvp8

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/18vgpw0jq93rwh9mj9bb27nj7gjhmldg

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/q6n11kfmmj1vgo6vq19nq1km5p1vow28

[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread/5ybqmx8z768ksdymz2h2gjsx91p1drpp

[4] https://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2021/244/Apache-StreamPipes

[5] https://www.opensourceforu.com/2020/12/top-5-open-source-tools-for-iot-analytics/

[6] https://streampipes.apache.org/

[7] https://streampipes.apache.org/docs/docs/user-guide-introduction.html

[8] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Apache+StreamPipes+%28incubating%29+Developer+Wiki

[9] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/StreamPipes+Maturity+Checklist

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)
Thank Dominik for this great work. And thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Best,
Zike Yang

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2022年11月9日周三 11:43写道:

> [...]
> > * Marco Heyden <mh...@apache.org>
> > * Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>
> > * Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>
> > * Stefan Obermeier <ob...@apache.org>
> > * Tim Bossenmaier <bo...@apache.org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Philipp Zehnder be
> > appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache StreamPipes, to serve
> > in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> > Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
> > retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
> > appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache StreamPipes Project be and hereby is tasked
> > with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> > StreamPipes podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > StreamPipes podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

Xin

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
+1 (binding)

and yes -- best of luck!

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by li gang <lg...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Dominik Riemer <ri...@fzi.de> 于2022年11月7日周一 05:32写道:

> [...]
> * Marco Heyden <mh...@apache.org>
> * Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>
> * Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>
> * Stefan Obermeier <ob...@apache.org>
> * Tim Bossenmaier <bo...@apache.org>
>
> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Philipp Zehnder be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache StreamPipes, to serve
> in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
> retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
> appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache StreamPipes Project be and hereby is tasked
> with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> StreamPipes podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> StreamPipes podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

------------------------------
Best Regards

DolphinScheduler PMC
Gang Li 李岗

lgcareer@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Xiaofeng <wa...@gmail.com>.
Just noticed that there is a typo in the subject of this vote thread.

Good luck.

Regards,
Xiaofeng

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于 2022年11月20日周日 16:55写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Re: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Jerry Tan <je...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by guo jiwei <te...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.
+1 nobinding

Posted by Leonard(Lifeng Nie) <ni...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding), good luck!

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2022年11月17日周四 09:32写道:

> +1 (non-binding), good luck!
>
> Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> 于2022年11月14日周一 10:30写道:
>
> > +1 (non-binding), good luck!
> >
> > On 2022/11/10 07:32:03 Dominik Riemer wrote:
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > thank you all for voting! I'll close this vote now and send the results
> > soon.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Dominik

> > graduate

> the

> > (please

> > including 5
> > list and
> > Data
> > StreamPipes
> > Apache IoT

> interests
> > of
> > establish
> > maintenance
> public,

> > hereby is

> to a
> > users to

> be
> > and
> > management

> are

> > serve
> resignation,

> tasked

> > Incubator

> https://lists.apache.org/thread/dg3z175h2szcg3wgz9tmq770krvscvp8

> https://lists.apache.org/thread/18vgpw0jq93rwh9mj9bb27nj7gjhmldg

> https://lists.apache.org/thread/q6n11kfmmj1vgo6vq19nq1km5p1vow28

> https://lists.apache.org/thread/5ybqmx8z768ksdymz2h2gjsx91p1drpp

> > https://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2021/244/Apache-StreamPipes

> https://www.opensourceforu.com/2020/12/top-5-open-source-tools-for-iot-analytics/

> > https://streampipes.apache.org/docs/docs/user-guide-introduction.html

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Apache+StreamPipes+%28incubating%29+Developer+Wiki

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/StreamPipes+Maturity+Checklist

Warm Regards,

Leonard(LiFeng Nie)

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding), good luck!

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding), good luck!

Posted by Dominik Riemer <ri...@apache.org>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by healchow <he...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

AW: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai>.
+1

Thank you to the community for the great work, it is a great pleasure to work with you.
A special thanks to Dominik for all the preparation and great work.

Cheers,
Philipp

Von: Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>
Datum: Dienstag, 8. November 2022 um 04:05
An: general@incubator.apache.org <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP
+1 binding.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2022 at 4:13 AM Christofer Dutz
<ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

> [...]
> > * Marco Heyden <mh...@apache.org>
> > * Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>
> > * Philipp Zehnder <ze...@apache.org>
> > * Stefan Obermeier <ob...@apache.org>
> > * Tim Bossenmaier <bo...@apache.org>
> >
> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Philipp Zehnder be
> > appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache StreamPipes, to serve
> > in accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of
> > Directors and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation,
> > retirement, removal or disqualification, or until a successor is
> > appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache StreamPipes Project be and hereby is tasked
> > with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> > StreamPipes podling; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > StreamPipes podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are

Best wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
+1 binding.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

From: Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
Date: Monday, 7. November 2022 at 08:41
To: general@incubator.apache.org <ge...@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Graduate Apache StreamPieps to a TLP
+1

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Regards
JB

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
+1

Great to have been part of this journey over the last years.

Best,
Patrick

Posted by Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)