Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/03/03 17:12:30 UTC

Board report is due

The quarterly board report is coming due (March 10th).

Here's a proposed draft; please reply with edits / corrections, etc.

Board report for Apache UIMA, for March 2015.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:  (These have not changed since previous report)
23 Oct 2014    last release
12 Mar 2013    last PMC addition
24 Dec 2013    last Committer addition

Releases:
  None this quarter, but we've had many release candidates posted for
  the main UIMAJ SDK; it currently has a vote pending on on the release.

Other Activity:

4 talks involving UIMA were submitted to Apachecon 2015, and
2 were accepted; a 3rd one is "pending" and may be accepted
depending on whether or not a slot opens up.

Core UIMA, UIMA DUCC, and UIMA Ruta are all quite active.

The mailing lists are fairly active, and normal bug finding/fixing
work continues.

Community:

The community continues to be active, with some new contributions coming in,
especially for UIMA Ruta. UIMA-DUCC continues to have some traffic on the
email lists as users start using it.

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.

--------
-Marshall

Re: Board report is due

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Here's the report as sent to the board:

Board report for Apache UIMA, for March 2015.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
06 Mar 2015    last release
12 Mar 2013    last PMC addition
24 Dec 2013    last Committer addition

Releases:
  UIMA Java SDK 2.7.0 was just released, it has many significant
  improvements and fixes. http://uima.apache.org/news.html#06 March 2015

Re: Board report is due

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I'll update this draft to indicate the release of UIMA 2.7.0.

-Marshall