Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Shengjie Min <ke...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/12 18:21:10 UTC

Sqoop2 import from mysql to HBase

I know Sqoop 1.4.* supports import to HBase no problems. But when I start
using Sqoop2, here is what happened:

sqoop:000> create job --xid 1 --type import
Creating job for connection with id 1
Please fill following values to create new job object
Name: First job

Database configuration

Schema name: test
Table name: Student
Table SQL statement: select * from Student
Table column names: id,name
Partition column name: id
Boundary query:

Output configuration

Storage type:
  0 : HDFS

As you can see, the last prompt doesn't give me any other options but
0:HDFS? I am sure Sqoop2 job supports import to HBase? It's very hard to
find any documents around Sqoop2. Can some one give me a pointer?

--
All the best,
Shengjie Min

Re: Sqoop2 import from mysql to HBase

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
Sqoop2 does not support HBase imports yet.   Can you please try using
sqoop1 which has HBase import support

THanks

Venkat