Posted to dev@sdap.apache.org by jm...@apache.org on 2019/11/01 08:22:57 UTC

Podling Sdap Report Reminder - November 2019

Dear podling,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache
Incubator PMC. It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to
prepare your quarterly board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for Wed, 20 November 2019, 10:30 am PDT.
The report for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC
report. The Incubator PMC requires your report to be submitted 2 weeks
before the board meeting, to allow sufficient time for review and
submission (Wed, November 06).

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the Incubator
PMC, and subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the
very latest you should submit your report is 2 weeks prior to the board
meeting.

Candidate names should not be made public before people are actually
elected, so please do not include the names of potential committers or
PPMC members in your report.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report

----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

*   Your project name
*   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of
    the project or necessarily of its field
*   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move
    towards graduation.
*   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
    aware of
*   How has the community developed since the last report
*   How has the project developed since the last report.
*   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/November2019

Note: This is manually populated. You may need to wait a little before
this page is created from a template.

Note: The format of the report has changed to use markdown.

Mentors
-------

Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on
the Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are
following the project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms
for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Podling Sdap Report Reminder - November 2019

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
No, the other way- Python doesn't exactly compile into binaries, but there
was misunderstanding about what you just said among people on the project.
(e.g. source is important part of release).

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
HI,

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hey Justin,

I think in large part the reason for no release for the first at least 18
months was confusion about how to do a binary release on Python code.

The confusion around that was cleared up at Apache Con NA this year.  Sorry
for delayed reply, we just had a major holiday here in the US.

tg

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Done (I hope this time...). Thanks for putting that together Frank.

tg

Posted by Frank Greguska <fg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,