Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/12/31 04:15:04 UTC

t5: errors

Hi,

I'd suggest that t:errors should have an option to display only one message
instead of all the messages returned from the server, this make the page
cleaner, of course this can be achieved by setting only one error in the
validation event. for now, i just copied Errors.java and make a
SingleError.java,  might be nice to have something like:

< t:errors displayAll="false">

Angelo

Re: t5: errors

Posted by Max Weißböck <ma...@weissboeck.info>.
+5 for WAI support :-)

Max

Re: t5: errors

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em Thu, 31 Dec 2009 01:15:04 -0200, Angelo Chen <
> angelochen960@yahoo.com.hk> escreveu:
>
>  Hi,
>>

> Hi!
>
>  I'd suggest that t:errors should have an option to display only one
>> message instead of all the messages returned from the server,
>>

> I don't think it's a good idea. Suppose an user fills a form with three
> errors. Just one is shown. User corrects this error. Validation fails again.
> One message is shown. User corrects this error. Validation fails again. ...
>
> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer,
> and instructor
> Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da
> Informação Ltda.
> http://www.arsmachina.com.br

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko