Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ratner Glenn A <gl...@bnymellon.com> on 2009/07/09 16:38:52 UTC

Stripping Out Characters

I'm new to struts and work on an application with existing struts code.

I have a text field in a .jsp and when doing the post struts seems to be
automatically removing certain special characters from the string in the
text field.

In particular, it's removing these non-alpha characters: "(" and ")"

Is there some configuration at the struts level to declare which
characters to allow or not allow?  I searched but could not find any
info.

Thanks,
Glenn

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Re: Stripping Out Characters (Parenthesis)

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.
Sounds weird. Can you post your form code in the jsp?

Cheers
Avlesh

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Ratner Glenn A <glenn.ratner@bnymellon.com