Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Emanuele Bastianelli <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/18 10:35:32 UTC

[users@httpd] AuthDBDUserRealmQuery direcrive looking for AuthDBDUserPWQuery

Hi,

I'm using Apache 2.4.7 on Ubuntu 14.04 and I need to use the mode
mod_auth_dbd with the AuthDBDUserRealmQuery. I have mysql installed and
working. I followed the documentation, activated all the needed apache
modules (hopefully), and configured the 000-default.conf file, under the
VirtualHost field (I'll need this authentication in a reverse proxy mode).
First, I tested the simple AuthDBDUserPWQuery directive, that works without
problems.

The issue occurs when I activate the AuthDBDUserRealmQuery directive,
removing the AuthDBDUserPWQuery. The resulting VirtualHost file is

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html

        ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
        CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

        DBDriver mysql
        DBDParams "host=localhost port=3306 user=my_user pass=my_password
dbname=apacheauth"
        DBDMin  2
        DBDKeep 4
        DBDMax  10
        DBDExptime 300

        <Directory /var/www/html>
          AuthName "You Must Login"
          AuthType Basic
          AuthBasicProvider dbd
          Require valid-user
          AuthDBDUserRealmQuery "SELECT ENCRYPT(password) FROM password
WHERE username = %s AND realm = %s"
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

When I try to access with user and password through basic authentication,
what happens is that the error.log file of apache is reporting this error:

[authn_dbd:error] [pid 40782:tid 140490237867776] [client
some_ip:some_port] AH01654: No AuthDBDUserPWQuery has been specified

I searched a lot on the Web, but I didn't find anything.

Thank you,
Best,

EB

PS: I already tried the query both with ENCRYPT and without it.

Re: [users@httpd] AuthDBDUserRealmQuery direcrive looking for AuthDBDUserPWQuery

Posted by Scott Lucas <sc...@firstclasswatches.co.uk>.
I think you want AuthType Digest if you are using AuthDBDUserRealmQuery.

If you want to do Basic auth you want AuthDBDUserPWQuery.

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_authn_dbd.html

Kind Regards,

Scott

First Class Watches
9 Warwick Road
Kenilworth
CV8 1HD
Warwickshire
United Kingdom

--

This message and any of its attachments are confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.

First Class Watches Ltd.
Registered Office: 9 Warwick Road, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 1HD