Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Hans-Joachim Kliemeck <Ha...@hays.de> on 2016/05/23 09:15:31 UTC

tomcat cluster code questions

Hey,

currently i'm building up a tomcat cluster and after studying the source/documentation some technical questions came up:

Is it really necessary to add a LocalMember xml element to the StaticMembershipInterceptor? I found some code locations where it is used, but this should be auto generated? A lot of configuration examples does not contain this element. FYI: we are using TCP and no Multicast.

Why there are 3 code points to configure a heartbeat? I don't see any reason for more than one point, especially for TCP:
heartbeat at channel object
heartbeat at cluster object
heartbeat at TcpPingInterceptor

Kind Regards