Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Janning <an...@qaware.de> on 2018/10/17 10:28:22 UTC

New (unofficial) Maven Plugin: Go Offline Maven Plugin

Hello maven users,

I have just released a new open source maven plugin: The Go Offline Maven
Plugin.

It can be used to download all dependencies and plugins required in a Maven
build, so the build can be run without an internet connection afterwards.

This is especially relevant with modern CI-Systems like Gitlab and
Circle-CI that need a consistent local Maven repository in their cache to
build efficiently.

Optionally, sources of all transitive dependencies can be downloaded as
well to have them available in your favourite IDE.

Maven already has an official to do this: The maven-dependency-plugin
go-offline goal. Unfortunately, the go-offline goal currently suffers from
several drawbacks:

- Multi-Module builds are not supported since the plugin tries to download
Reactor-Dependencies from the Remote Repository
- Most parameters simply do not work
- No option to download dynamic dependencies

The Go Offline Maven Plugin fixes these drawbacks.

The plugin has already been deployed to maven central. Source Code and
further information can be found on the Github Page:
https://github.com/qaware/go-offline-maven-plugin

Comments, Bug-Reports and Pull Requests welcome :)

Regards,

Andreas Jannig
------------------------------

Re: New (unofficial) Maven Plugin: Go Offline Maven Plugin

Posted by Andreas Janning <an...@qaware.de>.
annotationProcessorPaths are currently not taken into account. I will try
to add them in the next version

Am Mi., 17. Okt. 2018 um 14:06 Uhr schrieb Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com

--

------------------------------
Andreas Janning

QAware GmbH
Aschauer Str. 32
81549 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 232315-133
Mobil +49 160 1492426
Fax +49 89 6008871-29
andreas.janning@qaware.de
www.qaware.de
------------------------------
Geschäftsführer: Christian Kamm, Bernd Schlüter, Johannes Weigend, Josef
Adersberger
Registergericht: München
Handelsregisternummer: HRB 163761

Re: New (unofficial) Maven Plugin: Go Offline Maven Plugin

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Janning <an...@qaware.de>.
Just tested it with the example project you provided (
https://github.com/ptahchiev/MDEP-516) and it works :)
One of the main goals of this project was to make go-offline work with
multi-module projects

Ragards,

Andreas Janning

--

------------------------------
Andreas Janning

QAware GmbH
Aschauer Str. 32
81549 München, Germany
Tel +49 89 232315-133
Mobil +49 160 1492426
Fax +49 89 6008871-29
andreas.janning@qaware.de
www.qaware.de
------------------------------

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
We have a issue with the dependencies plugin open for a long time:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEP-516

I would be interested to test if your plugin has the same issue or actually
works :)

На ср, 17.10.2018 г. в 13:58 ч. Oliver B. Fischer <o....@swe-blog.net>
написа:

> Sounds great. I will test it!
>
> Am 17.10.18 um 12:28 schrieb Andreas Janning:
> > Hello maven users,
> >
> > I have just released a new open source maven plugin: The Go Offline Maven
> > Plugin.
> >
> > It can be used to download all dependencies and plugins required in a
> Maven
> > build, so the build can be run without an internet connection afterwards.
> >
> > This is especially relevant with modern CI-Systems like Gitlab and
> > Circle-CI that need a consistent local Maven repository in their cache to
> > build efficiently.
> >
> > Optionally, sources of all transitive dependencies can be downloaded as
> > well to have them available in your favourite IDE.
> >
> > Maven already has an official to do this: The maven-dependency-plugin
> > go-offline goal. Unfortunately, the go-offline goal currently suffers
> from
> > several drawbacks:
> >
> > - Multi-Module builds are not supported since the plugin tries to
> download
> > Reactor-Dependencies from the Remote Repository
> > - Most parameters simply do not work
> > - No option to download dynamic dependencies
> >
> > The Go Offline Maven Plugin fixes these drawbacks.
> >
> > The plugin has already been deployed to maven central. Source Code and
> > further information can be found on the Github Page:
> > https://github.com/qaware/go-offline-maven-plugin
> >
> > Comments, Bug-Reports and Pull Requests welcome :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andreas Jannig

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.