Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Dittmer <sd...@Scheduling.com> on 2001/07/26 17:33:57 UTC

I would like to know what tomcat release bug 345 was deferred to, still doesn't seem to be fixed on tomcat 3.2.3

I would like to know the status of this bug and what release it is going to
be addressed in ?
I found another person had filed bug 345 quite awhile back.  We need the
proper date header response back to browser so it won't reload staic files
all the time. We don't want to use the IIS redirect as a way around this.
This issue did not seem to get fixed/addressed in tomcat 3.2.3 which we just
tried out.

Here is a description of bug #345.

Their is no date header in the Tomcat generated response, this
is critical in case Tomcat is not running behind Apache e.g.

According to the HTTP specs (RFC 2616) the Date header MUST be
included by the origin server.

------- Additional Comments From Marc Saegesser
<ma...@apropos.com> 2001-03-21 11:46 -------
This won't be addressed for Tomcat 3.2.2 but will be evaluated for a later
release.

RE: I would like to know what tomcat release bug 345 was deferred to, still doesn't seem to be fixed on tomcat 3.2.3

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
Basically, there just wasn't time in the 3.2.2 release schedule to get this
one fixed.  Tomcat 3.2.3 was released earlier than planned due to a security
problem and this bug hadn't been addressed yet.

If someone would like to post a patch I will review and commit it.

Marc Saegesser