Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kamholz, Keith (corp-staff) USX" <kk...@moog.com> on 2002/07/17 16:56:24 UTC

Pre-Populating Form

Hey everyone,
I have a list of information entries on my JSP page.  I have a link next to
each to edit it.  The link works fine, and the action knows which index was
clicked.  However, I need to populate the from on the following JSP before
the user reaches it.  I'm trying to just use request.setAttribute(), but
it's not working, probably because request refers to the page the link was
on, not my form page.  How do I pre-populate the form?  I know that if the
bean was in the session, I could just set the attribute, but I'm trying to
figure out how to manage things in request.  I looked in the archive some,
but didn't see anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~ Keith
http://www.buffalo.edu/~kkamholz