Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kumar Jayapal <kj...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/23 17:12:48 UTC

How does this work

Hi,

My environment has Kerbros and Senry for authentication and authorisation.

we have the following  permission on

drwxrwx---   - hive hive          */user/hive/warehouse*

Now When I login through Hue/Beeline how am able to acccess the data inside
this directory.

When I dont belong to hive group.

Thanks
Jay

Re: How does this work

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hue and Beeline access your warehouse data and metadata via the HiveServer2
APIs. The HiveServer2 service runs as the 'hive' user.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Ranadip Chatterjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jayapal,

You can check the effective access permissions on that location using
'hadoop fs -getfacl <path>'.

Assuming sentry-hdfs synchronization is enabled, sentry privileges will be
reflected in the hdfs acls.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Ranadip Chatterjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jayapal,

Re: How does this work

Posted by Ranadip Chatterjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jayapal,

Re: How does this work

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Ranadip Chatterjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jayapal,

Re: How does this work

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Re: How does this work

Posted by Al Pivonka <al...@gmail.com>.
Sentry sets up acls  (access control list) on those directies, depending on
who you granted access to when you established the tables location.
Be careful to remove grant permissions when you drop the table or sentry
will enforce the acls on the directory tree.

Hope this helps