Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/17 04:38:33 UTC

LauncherProperties was: nb-javac@16.0.0.0 is covered by "Classpath exception"

Dne neděle 16. května 2021 12:58:43 CEST, Neil C Smith napsal(a):
> On Sun, 16 May 2021 at 10:12, Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > The manual inspection confirms that Maven central licensing information at
> > https://search.maven.org/artifact/com.dukescript.nbjavac/nb-javac/16.0.0.0
> > /jar is correct and both nb-javac@16.0.0.0 binary JAR files are covered by
> > GPLv2-CPE license.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for checking my conclusion.
>
> Agreed!  There is one file without a header at all, but I don't think
> it's a particular concern?
>
> ./src/jdk.compiler/share/classes/com/sun/tools/javac/resources/LauncherPrope
> rties.java

Interesting file. It is not available at the Git repository:

https://github.com/oracle/nb-javac/tree/release124/src/jdk.compiler/share/
classes/com/sun/tools/javac/resources

The file was said to be be generated during the build (from files with
"Classpath exception"). However when I do the build from release124 branch
myself, there is nothing:

```bash
$ unzip -v ./make/langtools/netbeans/nb-javac/dist/nb-javac-16.0.0.0-impl.jar
| grep Launcher
```

Yet the file is present in the files uploaded to Maven central:

```bash
$ wget https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/dukescript/nbjavac/nb-javac/
16.0.0.0/nb-javac-16.0.0.0.jar
$ unzip nb-javac-16.0.0.0.jar
$ rm nb-javac-16.0.0.0.jar
$ grep -r Launcher .
Binární soubor ./com/sun/tools/javac/resources/LauncherProperties$Errors.class
odpovídá
Binární soubor ./com/sun/tools/javac/resources/LauncherProperties.class
odpovídá
```

What is surprising is that the file is present in the JAR, but it is not
referenced by any other file!

Toni, didn't you have some debris on the disk when uploading the JAR files?
-jt

PS: My favorite way to clean a git repository is:
```bash
nb-javac$ rm -rf *; git checkout -f
```
the `.git` directory contains all the necessary data to recover the repository
and `*` doesn't match hidden files like `.git`.