Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Scott Songlin Piao <sc...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2007/05/08 20:26:13 UTC

problem with the hotfix CDE

Hi,

I came cross a problem with org.apache.uima.desceditor.2.1.0.incubating-hotfix-1 when porting my UIMA programs from the ibm 2.0.0 to apache uima.

To make an aggregate AE, I added a remote Soap AE service using the "Add Remote" function of the CDE, then I got error message:

"The Resource Factory foes not know how to create a resource of class org.apache.uima.resource.Resource from the given ResourceSpecifier. (Descriptor: file_path...)"

The descriptor passed is a very simple Soap service descriptor. And when I tried it with UIMA Document Analyzer tool, it worked well. Just the CDE keeps throwing this error message. It didn't happen either with the old CDE.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve this problem?

Best regards

Scott

Re: problem with the hotfix CDE

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 5/8/07, Scott Songlin Piao <sc...@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came cross a problem with org.apache.uima.desceditor.2.1.0.incubating-hotfix-1 when porting my UIMA programs from the ibm 2.0.0 to apache uima.
>
> To make an aggregate AE, I added a remote Soap AE service using the "Add Remote" function of the CDE, then I got error message:
>
> "The Resource Factory foes not know how to create a resource of class org.apache.uima.resource.Resource from the given ResourceSpecifier. (Descriptor: file_path...)"
>
> The descriptor passed is a very simple Soap service descriptor. And when I tried it with UIMA Document Analyzer tool, it worked well. Just the CDE keeps throwing this error message. It didn't happen either with the old CDE.
>
> Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve this problem?

Hi Scott,

I can reproduce this problem and opened a JIRA issue for it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-402

I don't know the cause yet but I'll take a look.

-Adam