Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2004/10/04 19:00:46 UTC

PATCH to use apr-iconv

Hi,

I have prepared a patch to use apr-iconv instead "GNU" or system iconv.
Find it enclosed.

Any comments?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Tuesday, October 5, 2004 10:56 AM +0200 jean-frederic clere
<jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> wrote:

> I have now moved all the logic to apr-util. Find enclosed the new patch.
> To get it working checkout apr-iconv in srclib and add
> "--with-iconv=`pwd`/srclib/apr-iconv".
>
> More comments?

Besides the fact that this conversation belongs on dev@apr, I think the
../apr-iconv directory should only be configured when it is present *and* a
suitable system iconv() isn't found.  This would match the behavior of our
bundled expat sources.  -- justin

Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Monday, October 4, 2004 6:05 PM -0500 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> At 12:00 PM 10/4/2004, Jean-Frederic wrote:
>
>> I have prepared a patch to use apr-iconv instead "GNU" or system iconv.
>
> I'm not hearing alot of interest in maintaining apr-iconv, and
> instead perhaps using the BSD port iconv-2.0 for Win32 and non
> iconv platforms.
>
> What are other people's thoughts on this?

Agreed that apr-iconv could (should?) be restricted to Win32/NetWare/etc
only.  Either that, or someone needs to take the time to correctly
integrate apr-iconv into the system.

Re: PATCH to use apr-iconv

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.