Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2020/01/22 11:51:48 UTC

[Discuss] google closure library version for ANT/MAVEN (Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs)

Hi,

now that maven distribution is working we need help of community here to
get the proper google closure library version that works properly for
Apache Royale and is available for both ANT and Maven.

There's no maven artifact for the closure-library v20180910 (the one used
by ANT actually), next closet one available as a maven artifact is
0.0-20190213-2033d5d9
So is this one ok? if so can we upgrade ANT one to that version?

Maybe we could want to add even a newer one for any reason?

Thanks!

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [Discuss] google closure library version for ANT/MAVEN (Re: Maven Distribution SDK fixed and working for IDEs)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
And, IMO, we don't want to be bound to ClojureScript's release dates if we can help it.  Perhaps those who want to see Maven releases from Google will have to contribute to Google a patch that builds a Maven artifact or publishes one based on a particular release artifact.  It might be worth filing a ticket in their bug tracker to see if they are interested in Maven for Closure Library.

Another possibility is that we package Closure Library in one of our Maven artifacts based on a tag.  Not sure how hard that would be.

-Alex

On 1/22/20, 7:42 AM, "Josh Tynjala" <jo...@bowlerhat.dev> wrote:

    It's unfortunate that there isn't an official Maven release of Closure
    library that's managed by Google, like there is for Closure compiler.

    For context, we are currently using an "non-official" Maven release by the
    ClojureScript team. (Despite the similar name, ClojureScript has no
    relation to Google's Closure. ClojureScript just happens to use the
    compiler and library.)

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.maven.org%2Fartifact%2Forg.clojure%2Fgoogle-closure-library&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cab08976fe8ff4b3e1bfb08d79f51b881%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637153045645709239&amp;sdata=wZVd%2FiE3SC9P5iuTW38TUbfrHg5%2Fm4UkvSg188rp%2B5A%3D&amp;reserved=0

    This may be a situation where Maven needs to do things differently than it
    normally would, and download Closure library from Github, like Ant is doing.

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fgoogle%2Fclosure-library%2Farchive%2Fv20180910.zip&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cab08976fe8ff4b3e1bfb08d79f51b881%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637153045645719233&amp;sdata=%2BNkUZnYTfbWAMSdSd79oF%2FyBfilcFzLdhXEFwL%2FxP0o%3D&amp;reserved=0

    --
    Josh Tynjala
    Bowler Hat LLC <https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbowlerhat.dev&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cab08976fe8ff4b3e1bfb08d79f51b881%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C637153045645719233&amp;sdata=jrSaSrB7QeQrvJmABADQbIUsktE1fsWjtutCvmfLs9M%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.

https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.clojure/google-closure-library

https://github.com/google/closure-library/archive/v20180910.zip

--