Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> on 2012/06/07 00:48:14 UTC

First Year Anniversary - party CD

I would like to propose that we treat the 13th of the month as our 1st
Anniversary and would like to do the following for the occasion:

There has already been a few CD requests made,
https://sites.google.com/site/khirano/Home/apache-openoffice-cd
the most recent.

I would like to release two CD iso images, Windows and Mac on the 13th
of this month.

Each image would include:
Win/or/Mac binaries directory
	English _us installer for AOO3.4
	All Language packs released with 3.4
	SDK
	sha files for each

Readme file
License file
[same as the OO.o 3.3 iso included - these should be pretty much written
already on the website]

Very simple HTML instructions screen(s)

Pre-Made CD artwork
	Pre-made sleeve cover
	Folded cover
	Tall hard case coer
	Disk

Some promotional material
	Tri-fold application information brochure sized for tall case.

A couple of wall paper images

Two posters
	AOO banner 150dpi - suitable size for a table at a show
	AOO branded reprise of the 'Free Yourself' OO.o poster

A short anniversary video

----

The immediate goal is a one-off project, with the branding focused to
this Anniversary (3.4 release), so I am not suggesting that this be the
basis for 4.0. For example though I saw one person talking about a
release party, and part of this is intended for such a use.

I'm not proposing that the files need to be on AOO (sf) mirrors on the
13th, though I wouldn't be against it all either.

I would be willing maintain a project for this at SF, the images will be
somewhere in the 400 Meg size range. They aren't likely big download
number, getter's :)

My itch, is to do this with the group so that we could tell folks, if
you want to make a CD, here is an image - use it as is, un-altered, and
your good to go.

OK.. I've assembled a local set of all the 3.4 release binaries and
started work on the other items.

For the disk related artwork I sarted from the OO.o 3.3 cd artwork on
the main website.

Also started on the small 'party' video.

[None of that is done...]

Items not touched at all:
Appropriate text files (readme and license) for the is image - the 3.4
versions of what is in the 3.3 iso in other words.

All the fine print for the artwork..of course

The tri-fold brochure. I have an old one from Andy Brown for a basis,
haven't touched it however, if anyone has something already and would
like to make a donation...that would be wonderful!

I could really use help with any of this,
as part of this is the trademark ok, I suppose, part of that help is
your helpful and prompt feedback on that, I'll move as quick in the
graphic editors as I can.
also if it sounds like a fun week and you want maybe take of these items
to finish or help with layout ideas...let me know, we can meetup on irc
or maybe a google hangout, or such...

Ok - Again none of these items are done - so please do not use them for
anything other then giving feedback here..

.. I've got a preview of what I have so far at (no binaries, so only 64
megs) http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-1year-cd-iso.tar.bz2 and the
svg files for the preview handy for anyone that wants to dive in also
available, just ping me on that.

Thanks, looking forward your feedback.

//drew

Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 June 2012 11:26, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 11:11 +0100, sebb wrote:

>> > Just space requirements..
>>
>> All the software packages I have seen which target Windows either omit
>> Microsoft or spell it out in full.
>> AFAIK "MS" is not an official abbreviation for Microsoft; they may not
>> be too happy.

>> > Hi Sebb,
>> >
>> > It should be a registered trademark glyph, there was a mistake earlier
>> > today and you may just need do a cache refresh.
>>
>> I can see the (R) now, however it is not appropriately used.
>>
>> AFAIK, the terms that are registered are
>>
>> Microsoft
>> Windows
>> Vista
>>
>> So the block should be:
>>
>> Microsoft (R) Windows (R)
>> XP, Vista (R), Win 7
>>
>> (or is it called Windows 7?)
>>
>> It might be OK to omit the (R) after Vista.
>>
>> The following line is misleading and should be removed:
>>
>> (R) 2012 Microsoft Corporation
>>
>> Have a look at some other recent products that are designed
>> for/support Windows and see what they do.
>
> Actually I had seen it used on a package, though not with the
> abbreviation and it doesn't make it right per se, anyway..I suppose
>
> So - acted on Alexandro's comments and yours, and as usual, listening
> does end up with a better result...updated the file here
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png

The CD still contains the line

(R) 2012 Microsoft Corporation

That does not make sense.

(R) should only be used after a registered trademark

The block should be

Media for:
Microsoft (R) Windows (R)
XP, Vista, Windows 7

(note that MS does not call it Win 7)

Posted by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello drew,

So - acted on Alexandro's comments and yours, and as usual, listening
> does end up with a better result...updated the file here
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png

 I find this very nice
--
gw

Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13 June 2012 23:33, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 June 2012 18:51, Nancy K <na...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for not posting the link - here it is
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834929/freeyourself_PosterB.jpg
>>

> The page footer is truncated on the RHS after "Found" - should be "Foundation".

Also the sentence

an open office suite with freedom built inside

ends much too close to the edge. Perhaps it should be centred?

Further, "built inside" reads oddly to me, but maybe that is an Americanism.

>> Nancy
>>
>>      Nancy      Web Design
>> Free 24 hour pass to lynda.com.
>> Video courses on SEO, CMS,
>> Design and Software Courses
>>

>> ________________________________

>>> Windows

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 13:36 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 06/13/2012 03:26 AM, drew wrote:

> Drew--
>
> Any chance these could be made a bit more generic and uploaded to the
> marketing/art area?
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/cdart/previous_cdart.html
>
> and...where can folks get the downloads?
>
> I don't see them on http://lo-portal.us (???)

Howdy all,

OK - well I know it seems I've been lolly-gagging here, well maybe a
little, but I've also managed to get a few things further along.

First - @Kay, about more generic artwork - sure I could and would do
that, though given some of the recent email threads I'm not really sure
that is what folks would want, but I'm open to it.

Second - license. It made sense to me to license the actual iso image
and the associated label/packaging artwork as CC-by-nd, which would
allow the disk to be manufactured and distributed without but _only_ it
it is in no way altered. The links above (except the poster) have been
updated to reflect that change.

Third - the actual html files for the disk. I started with a few of the
pages from the website, and then after following along the thread here
about just that got a little concerned - so I've made good number of
changes to the look of the pages, so that it does not mimic too closely
the actual web pages (all of which are under ALv2). That is for all
intent an purpose done now.

Fourth - I've requested permission to include the Getting Started with
Apache OpenOffice version 3.4 Guide from ODF authors. The guide is still
in a draft state in their CMS system, but appears to me in a reasonable
shape to ship. You can see find that file at:
http://www.odfauthors.org/apache-openoffice/english/user-guides/getting-started-3.4/drafts/gs3.4-full-book/view

I send email to the group there just to be sure that there is not some
glaring whole that I've missed in the document during my cursory review.
IF ANYONE ELSE would like to help review that, it would certainly be a
help, the more eyes the better.

Also, I'll be working on cover art (front and back) for that document
tonight and as soon as that is finished will include that in the
trademark request - and of course offering the work back to ODF Authors
for inclusion, if they want it.

Finally - @Kay again - as for where folks will be able to download the
image from, not fully decided yet - I could handle distributing ~200
copies of that a month given the band width on the server I rent, but
I'm more worried that there be a permanent address for folks to report
any deficiencies and the like so really thinking of using sourceforge,
it's not much to put a project together there. Either way I have to do
it tonight before I button up the files as they will need to include
that link.

So - that's it for the moment - I really am going to try an have this
all wrapped up and ready for a full review, before I turn in tonight.
Speaking of which I was thinking maybe the best way to let people review
the HTML files would be to simply push it up the same location as that
label art and folks to browse it that way - along with a copy of the iso
for anyone that wants to give that a go instead.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 06/13/2012 03:26 AM, drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 11:11 +0100, sebb wrote:

Drew--

Any chance these could be made a bit more generic and uploaded to the
marketing/art area?

http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/cdart/previous_cdart.html

and...where can folks get the downloads?

I don't see them on http://lo-portal.us (???)

>>> Just space requirements..
>>
>> All the software packages I have seen which target Windows either omit
>> Microsoft or spell it out in full.
>> AFAIK "MS" is not an official abbreviation for Microsoft; they may not
>> be too happy.

>>> Hi Sebb,
>>>
>>> It should be a registered trademark glyph, there was a mistake earlier
>>> today and you may just need do a cache refresh.
>>
>> I can see the (R) now, however it is not appropriately used.
>>
>> AFAIK, the terms that are registered are
>>
>> Microsoft
>> Windows
>> Vista
>>
>> So the block should be:
>>
>> Microsoft (R) Windows (R)
>> XP, Vista (R), Win 7
>>
>> (or is it called Windows 7?)
>>
>> It might be OK to omit the (R) after Vista.
>>
>> The following line is misleading and should be removed:
>>
>> (R) 2012 Microsoft Corporation
>>
>> Have a look at some other recent products that are designed
>> for/support Windows and see what they do.
>
> Actually I had seen it used on a package, though not with the
> abbreviation and it doesn't make it right per se, anyway..I suppose
>
> So - acted on Alexandro's comments and yours, and as usual, listening
> does end up with a better result...updated the file here
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
>
> //drew

MzK

"There's no crying in baseball!"
        -- Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks), "A League of Their Own"

Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> Supports:
>> Microsoft (r) Windows (r)
>> XP, Vista, Win 7 (or is it called Windows 7?)
>

> hmm - I suppose, though Alexandro is saying 'too much'... tis the normal
> way of things in other words ;)
>
> so... I'll see about trying to do both things at the same time - if I
> can tonight, add more white space and one that, actually it will be
> better for both.
>

> @Sebb - also if you don't mind me asking directly for you thought on
> something.
>
> Rob correctly pointed out that this is really a re-mix of official
> material, but not official itself - well, honestly looking at what I've
> produced, not sure that is easily discerned.
>
> Does use of the brand like this, without any notice on any of those
> pieces of who I am, who the actual publisher of the iso image is in
> other words, cause any concerns in your mind?

That is a separate issue, which should be addressed to the ASF
Branding / Trademarks team.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 17:13 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> > I get the feeling the fonts are 'spread' vertically on the CD. Is this
> > done intentional?
>
> Hi Alexandro, not sure I understand the question - everything in the
> graphic is done intentionally, so I suppose the easy answer is- Yes ;)

I meant the font seems to be outstretched.

> > Also I think is just too much text into a CD cover. maybe a more
> > simple and direct message would be more efficient.
> >
> > Here is a mockup:
> > http://imagebin.org/216153
>
> *smile*...looks like a Beatles Album, what was that called again ;-/
>
> A bit too much change for me, for tonight at least.
>
> Also I wanted the option or should say tried to preserve the option,
> that someone use just the CD label artwork - no sleeve/cover at all -
> folks sometimes do that, so wanted a full compliment of information; at
> least that was what I was aiming for.

Haha I dont mean like the lack of design or color, I meant the amount of
text.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español

Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 23:47 +0200, RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/6/12 drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>:
> > On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 18:48 -0400, drew wrote:
> >> I would like to propose that we treat the 13th of the month as our 1st
> >> Anniversary and would like to do the following for the occasion:
> >>
> > <snip>
> >
> >> I would like to release two CD iso images, Windows and Mac on the 13th
> >> of this month.
> >>

> > Howdy,
> >
> > Alright - well, cutting it right down to the end on time here.
> >
> > I just want to be sure, as I'm not sure this is right branding wise - if
> > you anyone sees a problem with this let me know, I don't mind re-working
> > things. I also won't be offended if anyone says hold up..
> >
> > Here is the final cut on five items:
> >
> > A disk label:
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
> >
> > Envelope/Sleeve cover:
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png
> >
> > Cut/Fold Envelope:
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-folded-win.png
> >
> > CD/DVD tall case cover:
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-dvd-case-win.png
> >
> > A4 poster:
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/freeyourself.png
> >
> > I have a few hours ahead of me before I button this iso image up, if you
> > see some glaring problem I missed do please yell.
> >
> > Otherwise - if you also think these would be a good resource for general
> > reference (png and svg) will put them to the wiki or where ever folks
> > think best
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > //drew
> >

> The white "shadow" effect on parts of text from the A4 poster makes a
> bit difficult to read it. I'm referring to "Word processor",
> "Spreadsheet"... part: there is some transparency on the front colours
> that makes the text a bit... strange.
>
> Beside that, I see no problem. Great work!

Thanks - and I agree that poster is not quite there - kind of running
out of time for today however.. I'll try to poke at it one last time if
I can tonight.

HOWEVER the svg file is there at:
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/freeyourself.svg

If anyone wants to grab that and make a few changes, tis good with me...

//drew

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:

> [...]
> haven't touched it however, if anyone has something already and would
> like to make a donation...that would be wonderful!
>
> I could really use help with any of this,
> as part of this is the trademark ok, I suppose, part of that help is
> your helpful and prompt feedback on that, I'll move as quick in the
> graphic editors as I can.
> also if it sounds like a fun week and you want maybe take of these items
> to finish or help with layout ideas...let me know, we can meetup on irc
> or maybe a google hangout, or such...
>
> Ok - Again none of these items are done - so please do not use them for
> anything other then giving feedback here..
>
> .. I've got a preview of what I have so far at (no binaries, so only 64
> megs) http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-1year-cd-iso.tar.bz2 and the
> svg files for the preview handy for anyone that wants to dive in also

SUPER idea Drew! Go for it... :)

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
      if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
             -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 08/06/2012 K M wrote:
> Do you need anyone to update any of the social media outlets? I'm a
> creative copy writer with a bit of a technical background. If I can
> be of assistance, I would be happy to. Please let me know.

Thanks! There are a lot of occasions where this project could benefit
from the help of someone who is into copywriting.

For example, these would include, depending on how much you know about
OpenOffice:
- Helping with the tri-fold brochure about OpenOffice that Drew is
working on for the First Year CD
- Reviewing and disseminating blog posts/articles about the first  year
anniversary
- Improving the contents of http://www.openoffice.org/why/ (which has
recently been refreshed in appearance but not in contents yet)

The best mailing list for this kind of activities would be
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-marketing/
but most topics at the moment are discussed here on ooo-dev too.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by K M <kf...@yahoo.com>.
Do you need anyone to update any of the social media outlets? I'm a creative copy writer with a bit of a technical background. If I can be of assistance, I would be happy to. Please let me know. Thanks.

Cheers!

Posted by Nancy K <na...@yahoo.com>.
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834929/CloudsReyaMellicker.jpg or on this page - I wasn't sure where to place it for your use
 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=27834929&highlight=CloudsReyaMellicker.jpg#Application+Branding-attachment-CloudsReyaMellicker.jpg

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 16:04 -0700, Nancy K wrote:
> Drew -
> Thoughts about content: the missing comma or colon after Math on the CD sleeve.  Draw - possible changing the 'to' to 'or Dynamic 3D presentations';Possibly on Base - manipulate data from anywhere inside the suite?

Thanks will make those changes.

> BTW I love the curve of darker and lighter backgrounds!

The base is from an existing 3.x design:
http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/cdart/previous_cdart.html

I suppose I should drop Bernhard a note and say thanks for the help.

//drew

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 9 June 2012 08:24, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 19:27 +0100, sebb wrote:

>> > Alright, Productivity now has a 't' where it should be, on all three
>> > pieces.
>> >
>> > The (c) is now a (r) for the MS trademarks.
>> >
>> > Made the copy changes, per Nancy's recommendations - reads better now,
>> > thank you Nancy.
>>
>> It's not 100% clear to me if the CD contains just the Software
>> Development Kit for the suite, or if it contains the SDK in addition
>> to the suite.
>>
>> I suspect the latter, but perhaps consider adding "includes" before
>> the SDK text.
>
> Howdy Sebb,
>
> Ok, well I tried to be more explicit when putting the first cut of the
> hard case cover together
>
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-dvd-case-win.png

That looks good.

Alternatively, if the two lines are made to look like a list, then
they are less likely to be confused with a longer line that has been
wrapped.

For example:

* English Installer for full application suite
       * Software Development Kit

or

- English Installer for full application suite
       - Software Development Kit

(or any other suitable list marker, such as +)

That might work better on the CD which has less room for the extra
line containing "&"

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 23:26 -0300, Albino B Neto wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 2012/6/7 drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>:
> > OK - I've updated all three pieces
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png
> > http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-folded-win.png
>
> Good designer!
>
> Could add O.S Linux too.

Howdy Albino,

I was not planning on a Linux iso image, not for this go-round at least
- because of time.

In fact not sure I should even try for the Mac disk, as I have no Mac to
try it on and with turn around time on uploads/someone checks/fix trying
to hit this coming Wed for release is going to be a trick..

If you want to jump in and put together a Linux disk however - that
would be great. The SVG files used to produce the PNG images, listed
above, are on that server now - just replace the png for svg in the file
name :)

//drew

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/6/7 drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>:
> OK - I've updated all three pieces
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-folded-win.png

Good designer!

Could add O.S Linux too.

Albino

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 14:35 -0700, Nancy K wrote:
> I do like all of these, but have to show you folks what my friend Reya Mellicker is offering - and she is willing to let Apache Open Office use it as you see fit.  If you need an email consent or something, I can get that as well from her. What do you think?
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/27834929/CloudsReyaMellicker.jpg

Hi Nancy

Thanks - I'll see if there is something I can do with that.

OK - I've updated all three pieces
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-folded-win.png

will leave these as is for now - any ideas on better content, etc.
appreciated.

Off to work on a brochure spiff up then..

//drew

<snip>

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 14:23 -0400, drew wrote:

<snip>

> > We've certainly given permission in the past for CD use of name and
> > logo, generally asking for attribution, a link back to the project,
> > etc.  I think the most recent approved request was from Hirano-san.
> >
> > So this would not be an official Apache release, but more like a remix
> > of our AOO 3.4 release.   We could include something like this in
> > future releases, but I suspect the CD label itself commonly needs to
> > be customized on a per-event basis.
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Well - right.. here is the MS Windows label at the moment:
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
>
> so I'm assuming this is much to generic for everyone's liking, yes, and
> now I would need to make it clearly tied to something "other" (not the
> main project in other words)

and here is the latest sleeve (for windows again):
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png

Not really that hot on it - but there it is, off to the next file.

> //drew

<snip>

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 14:23 -0400, drew wrote:

<snip>

> > We've certainly given permission in the past for CD use of name and
> > logo, generally asking for attribution, a link back to the project,
> > etc.  I think the most recent approved request was from Hirano-san.
> >
> > So this would not be an official Apache release, but more like a remix
> > of our AOO 3.4 release.   We could include something like this in
> > future releases, but I suspect the CD label itself commonly needs to
> > be customized on a per-event basis.
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Well - right.. here is the MS Windows label at the moment:
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
>
> so I'm assuming this is much to generic for everyone's liking, yes, and
> now I would need to make it clearly tied to something "other" (not the
> main project in other words)

and here is the latest sleeve (for windows again):
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-sleeve-win.png

Not really that hot on it - but there it is, off to the next file.

> //drew

<snip>

Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose that we treat the 13th of the month as our 1st
> Anniversary and would like to do the following for the occasion:

Party time!

> There has already been a few CD requests made,
> https://sites.google.com/site/khirano/Home/apache-openoffice-cd
> the most recent.
>
> I would like to release two CD iso images, Windows and Mac on the 13th
> of this month.
>
> Each image would include:
> Win/or/Mac binaries directory
>        English _us installer for AOO3.4
>        All Language packs released with 3.4
>        SDK
>        sha files for each

You don't really gain anything if you include the checksum files.
They only have value if they are on a trusted server.  If someone
wanted to modify the AOO install in a malicious way they would just
generate new hash files as well, and put them onto the CD.   But it
would be useful to link to the authoritative hashes, perhaps in your
HTML instructions page:
http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums/3.4.0_checksums.html

> Readme file
> License file
> [same as the OO.o 3.3 iso included - these should be pretty much written
> already on the website]
>
> Very simple HTML instructions screen(s)
>
> Pre-Made CD artwork
>        Pre-made sleeve cover
>        Folded cover
>        Tall hard case coer
>        Disk
>
> Some promotional material
>        Tri-fold application information brochure sized for tall case.
>

> A couple of wall paper images
>
> Two posters
>        AOO banner 150dpi - suitable size for a table at a show
>        AOO branded reprise of the 'Free Yourself' OO.o poster
>
> A short anniversary video

This sounds really cool.