Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/08/24 12:55:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] James Mime4j 0.4 released

Mime4J is a flexible MIME parsing library written in Java. SAX, DOM and
pull parsing styles are supported.

The 0.4 release brings a number of significant improvements in terms of
supported capabilities, flexibility and performance:

* Revised and improved public API with support for pull parsing

* Support for parsing of 'headless' messages transmitted using non SMTP
transports such as HTTP

* Reduced external dependencies. Mime4j is no longer directly dependent
on log4j and commons-io

* Improved parsing performance (up to 10x for large messages)

* More comprehensive header parsing including support for RFC1864,
RFC2045, RFC2183, RFC2557 and RFC3066

* Revised packaging and exception hierarchy. MimeException now extends
IOException.

Detailed change log can be found here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310521&styleName=Html&version=12312483

Notes
-----
 * 0.4 contains numerous API improvements and is not binary compatible
with 0.3
 * Mime4j API is still considered unstable and is likely to change in
future releases
 * DOM support has known limitations and some roundtrip issues remain to
be resolved
 * Some low level functions are available only in the pull parser
(recommended for advanced users)

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] James Mime4j 0.4 released

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 13:12 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> > thanks for pushing this release through :-)
> >
> > - robert
>
> +1
>
> Stefano

I was merely scratching my own itch. I am pretty happy, though,
HttpClient 4.0-beta1 can be released with mime4j bundled.

Oleg

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> thanks for pushing this release through :-)
>
> - robert

+1

Stefano

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.