Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@apache.org> on 2010/10/04 08:36:54 UTC

Re: compliance tests

That does seem a bit of a bug in the M5 release.

It feels a bit odd to me for us in Tuscany to be making releases of the
compliance tests when we didn't write them and they're not AL licensed, I
think we should push on OASIS to make proper releases of them. In the short
term if you're trying to do an M6 release based on the M5 release then i
think it would be easiest and ok to just take the running of the compliance
tests out of the M6 build.

   ...ant

(can't seem to reply to the original thread as it keeps getting rejected as
spam)

Re: compliance tests

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Mike Edwards
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/10/2010 07:56, Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>> Yes, that's what I'm doing for M5.1. For next releases, I was
>> wondering if we should have a better strategy either by working with
>> OASIS or by removing all of the compliance tests from the final
>> release. It also makes me wonder if Oasis will give us any thing that
>> says we "passed" the compliance tests.
>>
> Luciano,
>
> In a word - "no".
>
> OASIS is not into the game of verifying compliance.
>
> OASIS provides the testcase suite - it is up to runtime providers to take
> the test suite, run it against their runtime and then claim conformance if
> the runtime passes the tests.
>
> Note that the system of "policing" of this approach to conformance is the
> simple one of making the testcase suite available to all, so that runtime
> customers could do the same thing and thus verify the claims of any runtime
> provider.
>

> Yours,  Mike.

Then we need a better repeatable way to provide these tests to
customers in a Tuscany release, and it might be that we don't want to
make them part of the release until there is an official release from
OASIS, otherwise it's not repeatable. My experience with working with
M5.1 is that, from the time we shipped M5 to now, things changed and
running those tests were not doable anymore.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: compliance tests