Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch> on 2010/05/18 11:34:31 UTC

AW: "Connection reset" exceptions

We have a very funny TCP IP RESET problem too, seen with  Etheral network Traces;  terminating an ongoing FTP connection to a remote NetBeans File System. The HP distributed NetBeans Client then fails to re-establish the connection correctly. But vendor is working on that. However the true cause of this TCP RESET is still same-what unknown. Reading in MS Forums the problem is not within W2K and XP Systems but with VISTA and Windows 7.0 (on Vista with SP2, but not before) Also there is a good chance that the Firewall is triggering this TCP Resets. So it can help as a test to switch the FW off for a test only.

I really wonder about your observations.
Josef.Stadelmann
@axa-winterthur.ch