Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/24 07:54:31 UTC

T5 GenericSelectionModel implementation

Hello list, I have some code that I'd like to donate.  I really missed the
bean selection model from Tap 4.1, so I made one that works with Tap 5.0.5.
I think this is what I'm going to use throughout my application.  I like to
let my dropdowns act as directly as possible on my pojos.  That way, when
the class needs to pull out a different pojo property, the object is more
immediately accessible.

I've only been working with Tap 5 for literally a few days, so there is
probably an even better way to do this.

Here is a link to the code samples/comments

http://www.phy6.net/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Tapestry+5+GenericSelectionModel

It uses commons-beanutils.  I chose 1.7.0 core (commons-beanutils-core), but
it probably doesn't need such a new version.
(it's supposed to have less dependencies, so as not to break other things in
your apps)

The genericselectionmodel and genericvalueencoder are listed as separate
classes (not nested as in some other example)

Let me know what you think, or how I can improve this.

Daniel

<t:rant context="mvnwtptomcat">
BTW--I am still having to work out kinks using Eclipse WTP 1.5.3, Tomcat
5.5.2x, and Maven, and the M2 Eclipse plugin.  I've stopped using the
plugin, except for adding dependencies.  (Both version .9 and version .10 of
that plugin seem to break my Tomcat deployment.)
Then I run the incantation

mvn -Dwtpeclipseversion=1.5 eclipse:eclipse

then refresh the project in eclipse, and when it rebuilds (usually), it
redeploys to Tomcat.  I run my app from the workspace to save time.

Sometimes I run mvn -Dwtpeclipseversion=1.5 eclipse:eclipse just because I
think eclipse is mad at me. =/

</t:rant>