Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2008/07/03 10:57:20 UTC

Re: i'm unable to catch these

Matus UHLAR - fantomas writes:
> > > one does need to score viruses in SA if (s)he can reject them directly
>
> On 02.07.08 09:27, Robert - elists wrote:
> > Yes, we do that.
> >
> > See the SA clamav plugin
>
> no, you do not do that. See the clamav-milter or other apropriate program.
> SA is very CPU intensive so it's better to scan with clamav directly,
> instead of using SA clamav plugin

No, it's entirely appropriate to use the ClamAV plugin, if you want to do
so.  If you use the shortcircuit plugin, you won't be wasting much CPU
time -- just that required to parse out the attachment parts --  and it
allows you the flexibility to rescue FPs (which are particularly common on
their phishing rules).

--j.

Re: i'm unable to catch these

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 03.07.08 09:57, Justin Mason wrote:
> No, it's entirely appropriate to use the ClamAV plugin, if you want to do
> so.  If you use the shortcircuit plugin, you won't be wasting much CPU
> time -- just that required to parse out the attachment parts --  and it
> allows you the flexibility to rescue FPs (which are particularly common on
> their phishing rules).

Well, only if the OP thinks so. There was other solution (two differently
configured clamav daemons) described, not by the OP.

what I wanted was to propose using clamav directly which may

only tagging the viruses is risky because uneducated users could execute
them...

Remember half the people you know are below average.