Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Charbonneau <to...@kdesktop.org> on 2003/10/10 08:49:22 UTC

Advice

I am trying to build a web application from an already existing multi-threaded
server.  I have a jar file (for example, server.jar) that contains all the
classes for my server.  Is there any way for me to run my server through
Tomcat to allow my JSPs and Servlets to be aware of the running processes
objects, methods, etc.?

For example, if I have an class called CustomerData and I want to get a copy
of that class that's currently initialized in the server, I want to be able
to do the following:

<%

Server myServer = <somehow get a copy of the currently running Server object>;
CustomerData cd = myServer.getCustomerData();

out.println(cd.m_numCustomers);

%>

I've seen this done before and have been reading documentation til my eyes
bleed and can't figure out how to perform such a thing.

The server itself can be accessed directly via a socket, but I would like a
web application that can examine all of the objects that exist in the server
while it's running without connecting directly to it's port and performing
data retrieval steps.

Can this be done?  And if so, could someone point me in the right direction?

--
Robert Charbonneau
tomcat-user@kdesktop.org