Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Bharath Belagodu <BB...@trivininc.com> on 2007/02/27 17:01:54 UTC

panelNavigation2 Issues

There have been several problems with tomahawk panelNavigation2
components that I've been working with. The sole reason for us to use
panelNavigation2 is for dynamic menu purposes, I've been looking at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ to check on issues already
reported but didn't find any,

Here are two outstanding issue and would appreciate your feedback on the
same,

1. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Component ID j_id28_nav1_item0 has
already been found in the view.  See below for details.

The above exception occurs when there is a validation failure on the
webpage and the JSF page is redisplayed. 'Nav1' is the id of the
panelNaviagtion2 component; 'item0' are the navigation menu items which
are created for the menu to be used. How to avoid this duplication of
menu items?

2. The menu collapses and doesn't retain state after a successful POST.
After a successful post I return back and action string 'SUCCESS' which
takes me to the success.jsf page but the menu is collapsed at this point
of time.

Any suggestions? The alternative design developed is a static menu which
I'd like to avoid if possible.

Thanks,

Bharath

Re: [Sandbox] selectManyPicklist button text

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Bharath Belagodu schrieb:
> The selectManyPick component in the sandbox provides a '<' and '>'
> button. I was trying to figure out if I can change the text of the
> buttons to 'Add' and 'Remove' instead of '>' and '<', but after looking
> at the code in the renderer of the component I figured that the text of
> the buttons are hardcoded,
>
> encodeSwapButton(facesContext, uiComponent,
> 	javascriptRemoveFromSelected, "<");
>

> From my current understanding there isn't an option for me to change the
> text of the buttons?

Patches are always welcome...

Re: [Sandbox] selectManyPicklist button text

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.
You could easy override the renderer class.

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
If you want to enhance the component, you can submit a patch to add such
(optional) functionality. :)

Posted by Bharath Belagodu <BB...@trivininc.com>.

RE: panelNavigation2 Issues

Posted by Bharath Belagodu <BB...@trivininc.com>.
Mike,
Here's an extract from my page. We are using facelets, jsf 1.2 and
tomahawk components in the project.

<t:documentBody>
  <t:div id="subnavigation_outer">
    <t:div id="subnavigation">
      <h:form>
        <t:panelNavigation2 id="nav1" layout="list" itemClass="mypage"

           activeItemClass="activeItem" openItemClass="selected"
           disabledStyle="color:red;padding: 2px 20px 2px 25px">

           <t:navigationMenuItems id="navitems"
              value="#{(menuBean!=null?menuBean:(navHandler)).menuItems
}"/>
           </t:panelNavigation2>
      </h:form>
    </t:div>
  </t:div>
</t:documentBody>

Issues that relate to the below problem of mine,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-673
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-508
- Due to these issue I had to revert from using dynamic menu to static
menus (command links etc).

I'm unable to figure out the issue with why the menu collapses and
doesn't retain state.
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-755 ?)

-Bharath

Post your page code for the menu and we might be able to give you some
hints.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.