Posted to repository@apache.org by BRIAN FOX <br...@infinity.nu> on 2009/05/02 21:40:25 UTC

Repository.apache.org snapshot cleanup

For those projects currently using repository.apache.org:

We schedule daily cleanups of the snapshots, leaving behind 3 copies
for a minimum of 10 days, the snapshots are removed when a release is
published.

Otherwise, we don't have it setup to actively recreate the metadata as
under normal conditions it should be managed by maven, but in
situations like this it's certainly handy to repair with a few clicks.

The repository.a.o system is proxying the people snapshot repository.
Snapshots for your projects on people should be removed when they are
no longer relevant. During the migration, all snapshots were left in
place. Once they are cleaned out from people, they will get purged
from r.a.o after a few days of non-use.