Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Tim Chan <ti...@chan.net> on 2014/02/05 19:55:10 UTC

Logging not working for Java action

I'm running a map reduce driver class using Oozie's Java action. I can see
logging for this class, but not for my mapper and reducer classes.

How do I get logging working for the mapper and reducer classes?

Re: Logging not working for Java action

Posted by Abhishek Gayakwad <a....@gmail.com>.
try this

           <property>
                <name>mapred.map.child.log.level</name>
                <value>DEBUG</value>
            </property>

In case when you launch map reduce from a java action, properties and libs
are not propagated to mapreduce automatically you need to set them in
configuration of mapreduce properly.