Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Einfeldt <ra...@uptime-isc.de> on 2002/07/31 17:16:40 UTC

AW: Embedded Tomcat and manage requests and responses at the connectorlevel

Is there any reason why you want to treat this on the
connector level ?

What about defining a filter that is configured to
catch all requests ? I think that's much less coding, it
independend of the servlet container you use (not only
from other vendors but also newer version of tomcat
might be incompatible with your tailored connector)

Ralph Einfeldt; Uptime Internet Solution Center GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Hosting, Content Management, Java Consulting
http://www.uptime-isc.de

Re: AW: Embedded Tomcat and manage requests and responses at the connectorlevel

Posted by Eriam Schaffter <er...@eriamschaffter.info>.
Hello

I was trying this for performance reasons. Now for sure the fact that it
would not be possible to use it in recent versions made me change my mind.
I 'm trying to understand what you mean by filter, would it be to design
a new valve element and then to declare it in the config ?
Would a valve element be usable in others servlet containers ? However I
will not really use another servlet container because I'm using en
embedded version of tomcat.

Thanks.

Eriam