Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/10/01 21:04:41 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Tomcat 5.5.2 Stability

Hi,
This past Monday I posted a vote on 5.5.2 stability:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=109628849208040&w=2.  The
results are as follows:
Alpha: Remy, Costin, Mladen (I think, taking liberty to interpret his "I
agree with Costin" statement as a vote ;))
Beta: Jean-Francois, myself

So with a narrow majority, we'll keep 5.5.2 as alpha and I will not make
any announcement to the user and community lists, which already know it
as alpha.

In any case I think the vote is mostly moot, since 5.5.3 is coming soon
and the points made in Remy's voting email are enough to convince me
5.5.2 should stay alpha anyhow.

So with 5.5.2 staying where it is, when shall I cut 5.5.3?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Tomcat 5.5.2 Stability

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>Hi,
>This past Monday I posted a vote on 5.5.2 stability:
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-dev&m=109628849208040&w=2.  The
>results are as follows:
>Alpha: Remy, Costin, Mladen (I think, taking liberty to interpret his "I
>agree with Costin" statement as a vote ;))
>Beta: Jean-Francois, myself
>
>So with a narrow majority, we'll keep 5.5.2 as alpha and I will not make
>any announcement to the user and community lists, which already know it
>as alpha.
>
>In any case I think the vote is mostly moot, since 5.5.3 is coming soon
>and the points made in Remy's voting email are enough to convince me
>5.5.2 should stay alpha anyhow.
>
>So with 5.5.2 staying where it is, when shall I cut 5.5.3?

I think we would need to have the admin webapp be "kinda supported" for
this release to be a beta, right ?

Rémy

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Tomcat 5.5.2 Stability

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

>So with 5.5.2 staying where it is, when shall I cut 5.5.3?

I'm done with my changes, so I'm +1 for tagging very soon.

I'll try to patch as much as possible the save-to-xml feature later
today so that it kinda works.

Rémy