Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com> on 2015/06/01 00:22:01 UTC

Re: GSOC Taverna Mobile App

Thanks Larry,

You do not need to download the workflow as a server is able (with a
recent bug fix that we need to check with Donal has been released) to
run a workflow from a URL. So you will just need to pass the URL to the
workflow to the server. Need to check if the player can also run from a URL.

I think the player can also handle the requesting of inputs. Need to
look closer at what it can (and cannot) do for you.

Alan (late at night)

Re: GSOC Taverna Mobile App

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 01-Jun-15 11:07, Larry Akah wrote:
> Hello Alan. The palyer is awesome.

It is what is used for workflow execution in http://portal.biovel.eu and
also in the IPython Notebook workflow execution.

> It does the task just as you thought of according to the API provided.
> It definitely is the choice we would go for.
> Now what i need is a remote installation of it so that i start doing some
> real tests. What can you propose?

Donal and I have been discussing this. The machine that used to host the
"testing" server has just been decommissioned. We hope to put a
replacement test server and player up at Manchester later this week.

If anyone else would like to host a test server, please let us know. It
would be good to have more than one for Larry to test against.

> Thanks.

Alan

Re: GSOC Taverna Mobile App

Posted by Larry Akah <la...@gmail.com>.

--
*Akah Larry N.H*

*Lead Software Engineer @ GiftedMom*
*Founder IceTeck Inc*
*www.iceteck.com*

Developing technologies for emergence and sustainable development.