Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 06:29:17 UTC

basic auth in T5

Hi,

I'd like to put http basic authentication in some of page classes, not all,
is there a simple way to do this? probably an annotation approach? Thanks

Angelo

Re: basic auth in T5

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Come on people - basic authentication is not that old... You can of course
you the standard servlet container managed authentication whether you use
form or basic authentication but it's not a requirement for basic. You can
also use tapestry-security exactly the same way as you otherwise would and
configure SecurityFilterChainFactory.basic() filter to authenticate via
basic authentication headers.

Kalle

Re: basic auth in T5

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the tip, it is in the servlet level, it will be nice if we can
have a simply way to mark a certain route in tapestry5 with http basic
authentication, the use case is, an app might have a very rich javascript
client, and accessing pages with restful api, if those api can be protected
with http basic authentication, development will be easier.

Angelo

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <

Re: basic auth in T5

Posted by Taha Hafeez Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.

Re: basic auth in T5

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Isn't HTTP Basic Auth is all done in web.xml?
It is not related to Tapestry (or any other web framework) at all.

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com