Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com> on 2015/02/25 09:57:35 UTC

Re: ERROR OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Hi

I am running simple select query

select * from table;

thanks
Shweta Jadhav

Posted by "r7raul1984@163.com" <r7...@163.com>.
Use yarn logs -applicationId <appId>  to see detail log.

r7raul1984@163.com

From: Jadhav Shweta
Date: 2015-02-26 15:00
To: user
Subject: Re: ERROR OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Hi,

I tried running same query from Simple JDBC Client instead of Spring Batch framework its was working fine.
But now when I am running it again I am getting new error

Hadoop job information for Stage-1: number of mappers: 1; number of reducers: 0
2015-02-26 11:41:50,233 Stage-1 map = 0%,  reduce = 0%
2015-02-26 11:42:11,975 Stage-1 map = 47%,  reduce = 0%, Cumulative CPU 15.13 sec
2015-02-26 11:42:24,593 Stage-1 map = 100%,  reduce = 0%, Cumulative CPU 27.55 sec
java.io.IOException: Could not find status of job:job_1424930506879_0003
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.HadoopJobExecHelper.progress(HadoopJobExecHelper.java:294)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.HadoopJobExecHelper.progress(HadoopJobExecHelper.java:547)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:426)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask.execute(MapRedTask.java:136)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:153)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:85)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:72)
Ended Job = job_1424930506879_0003 with exception 'java.io.IOException(Could not find status of job:job_1424930506879_0003)'
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.mr.MapRedTask

Job HistoryServer is running properly.

Thanks
Shweta Jadhav

From: Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 3:40 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <us...@hive.apache.org>

Is your problem solved?

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas T

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

You can set fetch size based certain datatype like blob, image, etc

statement.setFetchSize(1000);

Try this.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas T

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com> wrote:
Query is working fine if i have small data set in same table.
But its throwing error for large data set

Thanks
Shweta Jadhav

From: Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com>
Date: 02/25/2015 02:54PM

I am running the query using spring batch framework.

Thanks
Shweta Jadhav

From: Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com>
Date: 02/25/2015 02:32PM

Hi,

Let me know how you configured Hive?

R u using cloudera?

If you are installed Hive separately then have you configured Metastore?

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas T

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com> wrote:
Hi

I am running simple select query

select * from table;

thanks
Shweta Jadhav

Can  you place the query as well which you are trying?

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas T

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Jadhav Shweta <ja...@tcs.com> wrote:
Hi

I am trying to run hive query
Its getting executed from beeline interface
but its throwing
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error when connecting using jdbc. I am using hive 0.13.0 version and hiveserver2. which parameters i need to configure for the same.
thanks

Shweta Jadhav
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: ERROR OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

auth=nosasl should be only provided in JDBC url if "hive.server2.authentication&#8221; is explicitly set to NOSASL in your hive-site. Otherwise, the jdbc client tries to open a plain socket while the the server is expecting a sasl negotiation to happen. Due to an issue with thrift, this results in OOM on client side.

&#8212;Vaibhav

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com>.