Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sid Tantia <si...@baseboxsoftware.com> on 2015/10/23 02:49:31 UTC

Automatic pagination does not get all results

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem with automatic pagination returning different
results everytime (this is for a table with ~180,000 rows)? I'm going
through each page and inserting the results into an array and each time I
go through all the pages, the resultant array has a different size.

This happens whether I use a SELECT query with automatic paging using the
Ruby driver or a COPY to CSV command with cqlsh.

-Sid

Re: Automatic pagination does not get all results

Posted by Sid Tantia <si...@baseboxsoftware.com>.
Hello Jeff,

I'm using Cassandra v2.1.4
I'm expecting the amount of results to be the same every time I use the
COPY command (specifically I'm using `COPY <tablename> TO stdout`). However
here are the counts of rows exported each time I ran COPY:
1) 180389 rows exported
2) 181212 rows exported
3) 178641 rows exported
4) 176688 rows exported
5) 175433 rows exported

So it's found a different amount of rows to export every single time I've
run the command, even though its on the same table and no additional writes
have been made.

CL for read is ALL
CL for write is ONE
Yes, I've run repair since last writing data.