Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2009/02/20 15:29:03 UTC

Tagged PDF from the command-line

For those who want to try the new Tagged PDF functionality from the
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_Accessibility
branch, keep in mind that, at the moment, you have to use "-out" instead
of "-pdf" to select the painter.

fop -fo document.fo -a -out "application/pdf;mode=painter" D:/document.pdf

Jost had a hard-coded switch in his patch which I removed to keep things
clean. I'll work on a better switch mechanism (discussed in another
thread) for all painter implementations on Trunk which I can then merge
into this branch.

Just in case anyone wonders why Acrobat barks about incomplete
accessibility when using "-pdf". I've also just fixed that problem. The
PDFRenderer will no longer pretend to produce an accessible PDF when it
is not able to do that (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=746248&view=rev)

Jeremias Maerki