Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org> on 2021/12/18 02:07:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1

Dear Apache Portals Pluto Team and community,

I've staged a release candidate for the new Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1 release.

This release candidate includes:

* Fully compliant Reference Implementation of the new Portlet 3.0 Specification per JCR-362
       https://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=362
* Fully completed TCK (Test Compatibility Kit) for Portlet Spec 3.0

Please review the release candidate for this project which is found in the following maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheportals-1026/

The source and other artifacts have been made available at the /dist/dev directory:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/portals/pluto/

(These files will be promoted to /dist/release if the vote passes)

The Release Notes are available here:
Pluto: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10560&version=12345426
TCK: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10560&version=12345427

The KEYS file to verify the release artifacts signature can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/portals/pluto/KEYS

Please review the release candidates and vote on releasing Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1

REMINDER: According to the following policy:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
    "Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED to download all
     signed source code packages onto their own hardware, verify that they meet
     all requirements of ASF policy on releases as described below, validate all
     cryptographic signatures, compile as provided, and test the result on their
     own platform."

Please review the release candidates and vote on releasing Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1

This vote is open for the next 72 hours.

Please cast your vote:

[ ] +1 for Release
[ ]  0  for Don't care
[ ] -1 Don't release (do provide a reason then)

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Neil

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1 for release

I've downloaded, compiled, build a full (demo+TCK) dist bundle, and
manually verified basic runtime behavior to be working. All OK.
I've also verified the signatures and checksums for the distribution
files (sources and bundle). All OK.
I've also checked proper license compliance of bundled 3rd party
dependencies. All OK.

Good work Neil!

Regards, Ate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
+1 for release

Posted by Vernon Singleton <vs...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release.

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Portals Pluto 3.1.1

Posted by Neil Griffin <ne...@portletfaces.org>.
Apache Portals Team and community,

This release is accepted with the following votes:

  +1 Scott Nicklous
  +1 Ate Douma
  +1 David S Taylor
  +1 Vernon Singleton

Thank you all for voting!

We will promote the release candidates to the Maven Central Repository and upload the source and binary distributions to the official download area.

An announcement about the new release will be send out as soon as the Pluto website is updated and the source and binary distributions have been mirrored.

Regards,

Neil

Posted by David S Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
+1 for Release