Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sindhu hosamane <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 21:11:26 UTC

lucene running problem

Hello ,

I downloaded and extracted lucene 4.2.1  , and set the 4 jar files in my
classpath .
But now when i execute the command

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs {path-to-lucene}/src

i get a error  Document directory
'/Volumes/SindhuHosamane/IR_project/lucene-4.2.1/src' does not exist
or is not readable, please check the path

though my path to lucene is correct .    but i find there is  no src
folder in lucene .

What does docs mean ? is  it  the directory i need to index?

Please help me . Waiting for your valuable information.

Regards,

sindhu

Re: lucene running problem

Posted by Gaurav Ranjan <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes it is actually the directory that you want to be indexed. I suppose it
is the demo HelloLucene.java code that you are trying to run.

Regards,
Gaurav Ranjan.