Posted to dev@tephra.apache.org by Andreas Neumann <an...@apache.org> on 2019/06/21 22:36:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] Status of this project

Hello everybody,

Observing that this project is not making much progress towards graduation,
the community has not grown much over the last year, and not many new
features have been added, activity overall is pretty low and the project
seems a bit stagnating.

I am wondering whether we should think about next steps for Tephra: Can it
graduate? Could it be a valuable contribution to another project, for
example Phoenix? If not, what would it take to get there? Or should it be
retired?

Just throwing out thoughts - wondering what's the sentiment in this group?

Cheers -Andreas.

Re: [DISCUSS] Status of this project

Posted by Gary Helmling <gh...@gmail.com>.
I agree that graduating into an existing TLP seems like the best outcome
here.  If the Phoenix community is interested, that seems like a great
target as one of the primary consumers of Tephra.

Any thoughts on how this would impact CDAP. development, the other primary
consumer of Tephra?

Is there any direct usage of Tephra out there that we're aware of?

Posted by Andreas Neumann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.