Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Slawek <ss...@o2.pl> on 2005/04/22 21:37:01 UTC

paginator, datatable and performance

hi

suppose we have table in database containing many records (more than 10
000) and we want to display them in table...
obiously we use paginator:)

but we dont want to get all record form databese cause we need to wrap
them "in fly" (or sth) - hevermind, lets just say that we can get at once
 from datatabse only 100 records (cause our table is set to show ony 100
rows).
geting all 10 000 records and doing sht "in fly" would kill performance:/

but to use paginator we must get all rows (paginator "take care" about
counting and so on)

is there any poibility to use standard paginator and not fetching all rows
at once from database?

Sławek

Re: paginator, datatable and performance

Posted by Rob Decker <ro...@objectsource.org>.
I've added my own pagination for that very reason. I had already written it for the
jsp version of my app where it worked great. I ported it to jsf but I haven't had much
luck with getting it working. Looks nice though. But it seems like when you start
mixing components on a page jsf doesn't get along.

--
Rob

@objectsource.org

------- End of Original Message -------