Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Richard Reyes <se...@hotmail.com> on 2002/11/12 07:18:51 UTC

Cocoon Portal - User Roles

Hi Guys,
I am trying to use the C2 portal application and would like to transfer
the storage of the roles from xml files to a mysql database.
Can someone teach me how to do this?

I cannot find anything on the sitemap file that transforms or uses the sunrise roles.xml

btw,

im using
tomcat 4.1
sdk 1.3
c2.1 dev

thanks

RE: Cocoon Portal - User Roles

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

each function of the portal is mapped to a pipeline. So in order to change
the storage - all you have to do is to modify the pipeline to use say the
SQLGenerator etc.

Read the documentation.
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/developing/webapps/authentication.html

It explains this in detail (see under User Administration). Then look at the
pipelines that are currently used to get a feel for how it works at the
moment.

Matthew

--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

Re: Cocoon Portal - User Roles

Posted by Richard Reyes <se...@hotmail.com>.
thanks for the input.