Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michelle Konzack <li...@freenet.de> on 2006/08/17 00:45:09 UTC

[users@httpd] suphp problem

Hello, since I have not gotten an usefull answer on the PHP list,
I try to find here an Apache/PHP5/Su-PHP expert...

----- Forwarded message from Michelle Konzack <li...@freenet.de> -----

Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:05:15 +0200
From: Michelle Konzack <li...@freenet.de>
To: PHP - General <ph...@lists.php.net>
Subject: suphp problem

Hello,

I have around 8000 VHosts and normaly do not use "suphp" for security
reason.  All VHosts have there own UID/GID and the Apache VHosts are
setup with

    User        $UID
    Group       $GID

Now I have added to a singel VHost directive

    <ifModule mod_actions.c>
        Action  application/x-httpd-php  /cgi-bin/php5
    </ifModule>

and NOT restarted Apache as written.  I have killed it and then started
from scratch but nothing is working...

Then I have removed "libapache-mod-php5" and now Mozilla let me download
the php files and if I use <http://domain/server-info> I see the
"mod_actions" enabled and the "Action" is configured.  Now I have
restarted the Server again and I get an error 500.

The problem is, that I need "libapache-mod-php5" on all VHosts,
but php-cgi only on 7.

So what is the secret to get "suphp" running?

Yet I have reinstalled "libapache-mod-php5" and the Website is working
again, but I can not use 'fopen("/home/server/log/some.log", "a")'.

I need "suphp" only on those 7 VHosts, since the must write to some
files OUTSIDE of the $DOCUMENTROOT but in the USERSPACE of the VHost.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack

----- End forwarded message -----

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)