Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/27 21:39:25 UTC

Regression in 1.2.7

The fix for range tombstone performance [1] introduced a regression
[2] that breaks slice queries against 1.1-format sstables.  Running
upgradesstables is a workaround, but this means that you can't do
zero-downtime upgrades from 1.1 at CL.ONE.

I think we should withdraw 1.2.7 from the download mirrors and roll
1.2.7.1 with the fix.

Thoughts?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5677
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5814

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra

Re: Regression in 1.2.7

Posted by Yuki Morishita <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Yuki Morishita
 t:yukim (http://twitter.com/yukim)

Re: Regression in 1.2.7

Posted by Michael Kjellman <mk...@barracuda.com>.
+1

Re: Regression in 1.2.7

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@sym-link.com>.
[ Brandon Williams ]
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The fix for range tombstone performance [1] introduced a regression
> > [2] that breaks slice queries against 1.1-format sstables.  Running
> > upgradesstables is a workaround, but this means that you can't do
> > zero-downtime upgrades from 1.1 at CL.ONE.
> >
> > I think we should withdraw 1.2.7 from the download mirrors and roll
> > 1.2.7.1 with the fix.
> >

> +1, but I'll bikeshed the version.  I'd rather keep the scheme and call it
> 1.2.8.  If memory serves, we've done this before, this way.

Yeah, that's how we've been doing it.

Since Sylvain is out, I'll put together some release artifacts and start
a new vote presently.

Cheers,

--
Eric Evans
eevans@sym-link.com

Re: Regression in 1.2.7

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The fix for range tombstone performance [1] introduced a regression
> [2] that breaks slice queries against 1.1-format sstables.  Running
> upgradesstables is a workaround, but this means that you can't do
> zero-downtime upgrades from 1.1 at CL.ONE.
>
> I think we should withdraw 1.2.7 from the download mirrors and roll
> 1.2.7.1 with the fix.

+1, but I'll bikeshed the version.  I'd rather keep the scheme and call it
1.2.8.  If memory serves, we've done this before, this way.

-Brandon