Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <Ad...@bbc.co.uk> on 2005/02/25 17:11:46 UTC

RE: xerces [resolved]

It ended up that I didn't overwrite maven's copy, although just for the record, maven got all bent out-of-shape when I tried it.

However thanks, because it prompted the situation where I worked out what was going wrong.

The class that JAXB couldn't find is in xercesImpl-2.6.2.jar and I knew I had that because I'd put it in my dependencies and seen it download into my repository. Yet the class was still AWOL.

This is where I got caught out - there are in fact TWO xercesImpl-2.6.2.jars in the world. One from Apache and one from Sun. And JAXB wants the class that is in the jar from Sun and not in the one from Apache.

Took me a while to find out! A slightly short-sighted naming scheme on Sun's part, but I guess they have their reasons.

So after I sorted out the jar, maven was fine.

Thanks
Adam