Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2005/11/17 20:24:51 UTC

Howto: set server locale?

Hi, I need to be able to override the default locale for a Cocoon
application (note, I'm not referring to client localization).  How do I
do this?  Is it a server thing, or a servlet container thing?  (I'm
using Jetty...)

Thanks,
—ml—

Re: Howto: set server locale?

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Nov 17, 2005, at 12:08 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Depending on your VM, you can do this using the user.language and
> related system properties, from the JVM command line, for example:
>
>   java -Duser.language=fr -Duser.country=CA ...
>
> see http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/locale/

perfect, thanks (but not "in advance" :-)... so,
"-Duser.timezone=US/Pacific" was the ticket.
—ml—

Re: Howto: set server locale?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 17 nov. 05, à 20:24, Mark Lundquist a écrit :

> ...Hi, I need to be able to override the default locale for a Cocoon
> application (note, I'm not referring to client localization).  How do
> I do this?  Is it a server thing, or a servlet container thing?  (I'm
> using Jetty...)

Depending on your VM, you can do this using the user.language and
related system properties, from the JVM command line, for example:

   java -Duser.language=fr -Duser.country=CA ...

see http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/locale/

-Bertrand