Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2013/11/12 19:24:44 UTC

Heads up, yahoo server on some blacklists!

98.136.218.139

Host Name: nm12-vm10.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

Listed on: Sorbs, Spamcop, and Lashback

Causing lots of FPs

Thanks,

Chris Santerre
SysAdmin and Spamfighter

Re: Heads up, yahoo server on some blacklists!

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.eu>.
Chris Santerre skrev den 2013-11-12 19:24:
> 98.136.218.139
>
> Host Name: nm12-vm10.bullet.mail.gq1.yahoo.com
>
> Listed on: Sorbs, Spamcop, and Lashback
>
> Causing lots of FPs

incorrect in the way that spamasassin does not block, adding
trusted_networks 98.136.218.139 to local.cf does not help ?

also why i have long time ago disabled dnsbl plugin and moved that
testing to postfix postscreen stage

works well with dnswl.org

Re: Heads up, yahoo server on some blacklists!

Posted by Ted Mittelstaedt <te...@ipinc.net>.
On 11/13/2013 5:51 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
> On 14/11/2013 11:14, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>>>

>>> I see far more trash coming out of gmail, yet they never seem to list
>>> them...
>>
>> Yeah, well when your the 600 pound Gorilla you can sit where you want...
>>

> Not as far as I'm concerned, I have before and I will no doubt again,
> 'take em out'
> I don't care who they are, ma 'n pa small VISP, or largest ISP or
> freemail providor on earth, exceed our tolerances and your out for a spell.
>
> People who go on about "oh but look at the ratio of users you have to
> judge by that', pigs arse I will, if for example 50 people regularly
> send spam from gmail, I'll block all gmail without hesitation. why?
> because the tossers at google dont act on spam reports, and your
> response pretty much sums up why they dont act.

When you have users paying you for mailboxes, who can't get email from
their correspondents at gmail because you have blocked them, you have a
problem.

That's why with everything, we tag-and-forward, we don't block.

Ted

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.

Posted by Ted Mittelstaedt <te...@ipinc.net>.

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.