Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Pompilio Ramirez <po...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/20 15:12:00 UTC

dual nics

Hello,

I have a server with 2 NIC's that have separate IP's.
I want to use nifi on the server and have it listen to both nic's.

Is that possible? Do I need to run 2 instances of nifi or is that
configurable?

Thank you.

Pompilio

Re: dual nics

Posted by Juan Jose Escobar <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pompilio,

Do you need to listen on both? That would be required if they are on
separate networks (segments, VLANs or whatever). Note that you only need to
listen on the interfaces where users are connecting to the web UI.
Interfaces used to reach external data are not needed.

If NIC's are on the same network then I normally prefer to use link bonding
(e.g. NIC Teaming in HP).

Re: dual nics

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Pompilio,