Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/21 16:10:15 UTC

Re: [FlexJS] Building with Maven

Hi Peter,

Do you have some flash builder project file in falcon folder or any other
file which is not part of the repository?

Rat may complain cause of this file - I've experienced such issue when I
have in falcon folder some Intellij project file.

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Building with Maven

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Chris,

I think rat.txt file is very useful, for example, when we forgot to put the
license on a class, it quickly raise in that file, so I think we should
maintain as it's now.

Thanks

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Building with Maven

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/21/16, 10:12 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash
Muppirala" <omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 21, 2016 9:52 AM, "Alex Harui" <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
>

>On 12/21/16, 9:10 AM, "omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of OmPrakash Muppirala"
><omuppi1@gmail.com on behalf of bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Chris, any chance we can disable the rat check by default?  I got hit by
>>that as well.  Seems like a common place that could trip people up.
>
>The Rat check is useful.  It helps make sure things are cleaned up
>properly.  I have a two separate working copy of the repos.  I build Ant
>in one and Maven in the other.
>
>I see.  So if the mvn clean goes well, the rat check should always pass?

Yes.  Unless there is some new file that needs excluding or a header.

It sort of means that Ant clean/wipe whatever isn't fully cleaning
everything, but in Peter's case there was an output folder that wasn't
cleaned up because when we switched folder names a while back the Ant
script cleans up the new folder name and doesn't clean up the old folder
name.  I suppose we could keep delete tasks around for all folder names,
but that doesn't seem quite right either. So from a freshly checked out
repo, Ant should clean/wipe and allow Maven to run, but for an old working
copy that has survived folder renaming, it may not work.

Having two working copies just saves me time because you must clean/wipe
via Ant before running Maven and clean Maven before going back to Ant and
download all of the dependencies again.  Yes, Ant could be tuned so this
isn't a problem, but I haven't spent time one it because for me it is just
faster two keep two working copies around.

-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] Building with Maven

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Chris, any chance we can disable the rat check by default?  I got hit by
that as well.  Seems like a common place that could trip people up.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com>.
No. This is a pretty clean directory. I never work on flex-falcon so its
100% from the repo.
‹peter