Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Neuenschwander <an...@andi.ch> on 2001/01/22 10:39:13 UTC

Duplicate variable declaration: PoolBrokerService

Hi

After the upgrade from Cocoon 1.8 to Cocoon 1.8.1, I get the following
errors
on pages which uses ESQL:

java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for _process.java
121: Duplicate variable declaration: PoolBrokerService _esql_pool was
PoolBrokerService _esql_pool
          static PoolBrokerService _esql_pool =
PoolBrokerService.getInstance();
                                              ^
124: Class _www._tv._xml._search._show._process. EsqlConnection already
defined in
/home/tomcat/repository/_www/_tv/_xml/_search/_show/_process.java.
      class EsqlConnection {
            ^
124: Duplicate inner class declaration: nested type
_www._tv._xml._search._show._process. EsqlConnection is already defined in
this scope.
      class EsqlConnection {
            ^
134: Class _www._tv._xml._search._show._process. EsqlQuery already defined
in /home/tomcat/repository/_www/_tv/_xml/_search/_show/_process.java.
      class EsqlQuery {
            ^
134: Duplicate inner class declaration: nested type
_www._tv._xml._search._show._process. EsqlQuery is already defined in this
scope.
      class EsqlQuery {
            ^
5 errors

Why is there a duplicate variable declaration? With Cocoon 1.8 it worked
fine...

.andi

Re: Duplicate variable declaration: PoolBrokerService

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Andreas Neuenschwander wrote:

> Hi
>
> After the upgrade from Cocoon 1.8 to Cocoon 1.8.1, I get the following
> errors
> on pages which uses ESQL:

the esql schema changed incompatibly from 1.8 to 1.8.1, that is probably
the source of your trouble. you also may need to nuke your repository
after stopping cocoon and then restart.

- donald