Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> on 2007/12/13 18:19:19 UTC

[Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating]

I'm sure you all saw Ant's question.  Anybody remember
why it is the way it is?  We must have had a reason at
the time, but I sure don't remember what it was ;-)

--Thilo

i did wonder why the jVinci jar doesn't have a uima- prefix or use the
org.apache.uima package name but it looks fine in the maven repository so i
guess that doesn't matter.

   ...ant

Re: [Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.1-incubating]

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Dec 13, 2007 12:19 PM, Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I'm sure you all saw Ant's question.  Anybody remember
> why it is the way it is?  We must have had a reason at
> the time, but I sure don't remember what it was ;-)
>
> --Thilo

I think it was just that Vinci is a general purpose communication
protocol that could be used for things other than UIMA, it just
happens that the source code lives at the UIMA project.

-Adam