Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ge...@fvision.com on 2001/07/14 02:48:04 UTC

Confusion with struts and applicationresources

I am developing a struts application and am having some difficulty that I am not sure if it is a "bug" or a "feature".  Whenever I make a change to one of the Action handlers and then reload it, it executes but then when the jsp page tries to load with the response it will complain that the application resources could not be found usually with an exception being thrown like index.title could not be found or something like that.

I have tried shutting down tomcat and restarting but this does not help.  I have tried shutting down tomcat and apache and then restarting both, still no go.  The only thing that I can do is restart the whole system and then everything works great until I make another change.  I don't know about you all but my programming is a little rusty and it may take several code tweeks before I get the program to do exactly what I want.  Having to restart the machine each time I make an edit is awful.

What could I possibly be missing?  I am running apache 1.3.20 and the latest stable versions of both tomcat and struts.  Any help would be appreciated.

-gerald